Grapple Trucks – Petersen Grapples
At E.R. Truck & Equipment we offer Petersen Grapples as one of our manufacturers for Grapple Trucks. Grapple Trucks are used for collecting over sized items such as debris removal, large appliances, furniture, hurricane disasters or bulky waste in general and are often called different terms like Clam Trucks, Loader Trucks, Logging Trucks or Forestry Trucks.
At E.R. Truck & Equipment we manufacture Grapple Trucks on 2011 or newer chassis with the right specs.
To view our current inventory, click here Grapple Trucks For Sale
Model TL-3 – Trash Truck Loader & Body
The TL-3 is Petersen’s most popular and versatile unit. A single operator can load, haul and dump trash with this unit.
- 20 ft. boom reach includes 4 ft. telescoping extension
- Lifts 3,200 lbs. when fully extended at 20 ft.
- At 10 ft. maximum lift capacity is 7,100 lbs.
- All-purpose anti-scalping trash bucket features low maintenance single cylinder design
- Dump body sizes range between 20 and 30 cubic yards
- ANSI Z245 compliant
- Reach (from center line rotation): 20 feet 7 inches
- Main Boom and Tip Boom: 16 feet 7 inches
- Tip Extension: 4 feet
- Tare Weight (empty): 23,000 lbs
- Front Axle Weight: 8,510
- Rear Axle Weight: 14,490 lbs
- Outrigger Span: 11 feet 8 inches
- Storage Height: 11 feet 3 inches
- Dump Body Hoist Capacity: 23 tons
- 10 Foot Radius: 7,100 lbs
- 16 Foot Radius: 4,400 lbs
- 20 Foot Radius: 3,200 lbs
Weight of bucket and/or attachments must be subtracted from lift capacities shown. Standard bucket weights approximately 1,000 pounds. Capacities shown do not exceed 85% of vehicle tipping moment with outriggers fully extended on firm, level ground.
Standard Bucket Features
All purpose clamshell design, 4 feet wide with an opened width of 5 feet. High impact tempered steel used on bucket cutting edges for extended life. Reverse curve shape helps prevent scalping of lawns. Continuous rotation. No hoses below bucket rotator.
Recommended Chassis Specification (Minimum)
|Body Style||Conventional Cab|
|Cab-to-Axle Dimension||168″, 186″, 192″|
|Front Axle Rating||12,000 lbs|
|Rear Axle Rating||21,000 lbs|
|Gross Vehicle Weight Rating||33,000 lbs|
|Engine||230 HP Diesel|
|Electrical||Remote engine & transmission connectors|
Standard Trash Dump Body
18 feet, 24 cubic yard capacity is standard (larger sizes available). 3/16″ solid plate floor on cross members with 12″ centers.
Dual manual controls (grease less) for outriggers and loader on both sides of the truck for easy access and visibility. QUADSTICK® mechanically linked dual joystick controls and stationary top-mount controls are available.
A-frame pedestal design allows flexing under repeated load shocks. Replaceable Cast Nylon bushings used in head assembly. Head assembly is stress relieved. Reinforced connection points with hardened pins and replaceable bushings. Counterbalance valves used on boom cylinders and pilot operated check valves used on vertical outrigger cylinders.